Solar Module Product & Performance Warranty 2011
Ubbink East Africa gives a product and performance warranty.
10-year Product Warranty
Ubbink East Africa warrants that the photovoltaic modules produced by it will be free from defects of design and workmanship for a period of 10 years after production, subject to conditions set forth below.
25-year Performance Warranty
Ubbink East Africa warrants that the photovoltaic modules produced by it will, for a period of 10 years after production, achieve a nominal rating equal to at least 90% of the module’s minimum power rating indicated in the specifications sheet and, for a period of 25 years after production, a nominal rating equal to at least 80% of the module’s minimum power rating indicated in the specifications sheet, subject to the conditions set forth below in both cases.
The product and performance warranty entitles solely the party contracting directly with Ubbink East Africa to any claims against Ubbink East Africa and applies only to such modules that:
- Have not been removed and re-installed for any purposes other than repair;
- Have been properly applied, used and serviced only by persons authorised by Ubbink East Africa, under appropriate operating conditions.
The warranty shall not apply to such impairments that:
- Were caused by extreme influence such as contact with seawater, smoke, salt, chemicals (including cleaning products) or dirt;
- Originated during use on mobile (non-stationary) units, such as vehicles or ships;
- Were caused by improper use or for another purpose that fails to take into account the technical (safety) rules in force on the site;
- Were caused by influences of force majeur or forces of nature, such as earthquakes, cyclones, volcanic eruptions, floods or lightning;
- Concern modules whose types or serial numbers have been changed, deleted, removed or become illegible.
In the case of the performance warranty, the following conditions apply as well:
- The diminished performance is attributable to degradation of glass, cells or EVA sheets; and
- Ubbink East Africa is allowed to use its own instruments of measurement under standard industry testing conditions in order to verify the claimed loss of power.
Against presentation of the original invoice, delivery date and the product code, Ubbink East Africa may, after ascertaining that the case is covered by the warranty, perform whichever of the following warranty services it prefers:
- Replace the module with a module that adequately performs the function of the replaced module (the replaced module shall become property of Ubbink East Africa);
- Repair the relevant module;
- Deliver an additional module;
- Refund the price of the module, reduced by the straight-line annual depreciation of the module, calculated over the expected 30 year operating life.
The replacement or delivery of additional modules shall not extend the effective period of the product or performance warranty.
In case of replacement or delivery of additional modules, the costs of removal and installation, as well as the transportation costs, shall not be covered under the warranty, and shall be paid by the customer. No modules sent to Ubbink East Africa without prior written consent will be accepted.
Limitation of the Product and Performance Warranty
This product and performance warranty creates no entitlement to more extensive claims against Ubbink East Africa, particularly for damage claims on grounds of lost profit, compensation for loss of use, indirect damages or claims for compensation for damage originating outside the product. All claims against Ubbink East Africa must be asserted within one month after gaining knowledge of the event covered by the warranty and shall be governed exclusively by Kenyan law.
This product and performance warranty applies to modules delivered from 1st of March 2011.